Tying a traditional bow tie can seem intimidating, but with a little practice, you'll be a pro. Follow the illustrated instructions below and you'll be on your way in only ten steps.
1. Hang bow tie flat around neck, with one side longer by approximately 1.5 inches.
2. Cross the long side over the shorter side.
3. Bring long end underneath and up through neck. Pull tightly and drape over shoulder.
4. Pull from middle of hanging side toward draped side to create a bow.
5. Bring top over the middle of the bow.
6. Pinch both ends in front to create a loop.
7. Fold and pass it through the loop.
8. Tug on both folded ends simultaneously to tighten.
9. Alternate between folded and unfolded sides to adjust until bows are even.
10. All finished!